Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Start of Something Great...i hope :)

Hmm... Can I handle all the pressure to say something great with the first post on my blog? Well here I begin. As I embark upon the start of my blog I wonder where this will take me. I have an idea but we all know that life doesn't always go on the path we thought it would. Then some other questions hang in the back of my head with this new start. Is my life exciting enough to blog about? Will I have any great ideas to share? Well I guess I will leave that up to you readers to decide.
I am a preschool teacher and a couple of weeks ago I had the fortunate experience to attend a convention solely for Head Start teachers from six states. I always dread having to attend conventions but once you are there and engaged with an excellent speaker, one is able to forget the dread factor and starts to really listen to the speakers. While listening I began searching for useful information for my preschool classroom but also for personal information on becoming a better me. Something everybody can afford to do. One speaker at the convention gave us advice for adding more positivity in my daily life (A skill I could always improve on). He said to tell yourself every morning "Something great is going to happen today and I can't wait to find out what it is". Isn't that great? I mean as a child I LOVED surprises. Wait, who am I kidding? I still do. Life is full of great things and sometimes things are overlooked because they are so simple and "small". We just need to slow down and recognize all the great (though sometimes very small) things that happen during a day. Easier said than done I know.
The events and people in my life have come together to form a fortunate life for me. I am hoping that with this blog I can share those things that bring me joy.
Please join me on this "joy journey" as I seek to appreciate and share all the positive things in my life.
p.s. I also plan to share pictures, projects and other fun things. Don't think it will all be serious, wise advice because that isn't really me. :)

Stay posted!
-- mJOY

2 comments:

  1. Great first post! Everyday I wake up and tell myself to get fired up because I gotta keep an eye out for my little blessings in disguise....wherever they may pop up :) good luck mJoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much DiabloND. I feel privileged that you chose to read my blog. Your kind words are encouraging and I hope you continue to read on. May you find tons of little blessings in disguise :)
    --mJOY

    ReplyDelete