Thursday, October 20, 2011

Healthy Kick.

So Mitch and I are trying to pick up more of a healthier lifestyle. During pregnancy, I wasn't exactly the healthiest eater. Don't get me wrong, I ate what I needed to be healthy but wasn't one to turn down any treat I was craving. Now that I am not pregnant, I am realizing the extra pounds don't wear as well. In our house, we are taking two big steps to change our choices.

Step 1: We joined the new Family Wellness center that opened a few days ago. It is an amazing facility with lots of workout options. (By the way I am really feeling that workout of mine I did last night)

Step 2: Menu Plan. Previously, we would end up eating unhealthy junk or going out to eat because I didn't have any idea what to make to eat or didn't have the supplies on hand. My solution to the problem was to come up with a menu for suppers so that I can plan ahead and have no excuses! My original idea was to plan by the month but only had a small frame on hand and so I decided to plan by the week. Realistically this is a better idea since last minute meetings and shoots come up, therefore having me reshuffle our menu a little. Plus, it's easier to pick up ingredients and be able to buy fresh ones if I am only planning for the week.

Here is the menu I made:

A close-up view:


All you need is:
A picture frame (I used a 12x12 one)
1 piece of Scrapbook Paper
A dri-erase marker

Tah-dah! Here's to good health :)
 And no this is not my vow to never eat treats again--I'm realistic :)

1 comment:

  1. This is good for a budget too.... :) helps you stick to your list when you grocery shop! I do the same thing. Helps a ton with eating healthy and saving some bucks :)

    ReplyDelete