Friday, April 13, 2012

Sewing project central.

Ok so I have been in project overdrive lately and even more so tonight. I had a chance to run to the craft store and pick up a few supplies to put together a few projects. While rambling lots of project ideas to my husband, he reminded me (of course while I was doing another project) "One project at a time".
Well my mind doesn't function on one thing at a time. Its in overdrive brainstorming how to make things work better and look better all the time.
So with this overdrive mind, I have been able to pull together some pretty great projects over the past few months. You may remember that I took a long break from blogging.

Well I finally got all the pictures ready to be shown as proof and to share what I had been busy doing.

I made a few bibs.

Learned how to make self-binding blankets.

Made a few burp cloths for the neighbor

A little hat, also for the neighbor, who has an owl nursery.

My favorite projects. Owl pillows to match two baby girl nurseries 
that were born to our friends.

This last project is a special project and consumed a lot of time. I made these pillowcases for Conkerr Cancer  a project that collects pillowcases for children/teens in the hospital battling cancer. Once mine are donated, they will be given to the Sanford Children's Hospital in town. Isn't that so cool to bring a little brightness to a child who is facing such a big battle? I think its pretty awesome. Let me know if you want details for the contact person and you can help make some too!




Now you might understand why I have been super busy on top of being a new mom! :)

I put together a cute project tonight though so hopefully I can get it hung and debut it this weekend. Aren't you excited to see it?!? Its super cute, cheap and easy!

Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment