Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Wreath Craft.

I had found this project a month or so ago and had put it on my to-do list. 

I realized two things which prompted urgency to complete this project....

1. If I wanted to complete and hang a Christmas wreath, I best do it soon since Christmas is two weeks away.

2. Yesterday I realized I still had a Thanksgiving turkey hanging on my door. Embarassing and clearly a need for an "in-season" decoration.

So here another one is. This is the last Christmas craft I think that I have planned for the season....

Here are the supplies needed:

*Ribbons of all sizes and colors for the represented holiday (Found most of mine pretty cheap at Wal-mart)
*Stick pins to avoid having to deal with the glue gun
*A Styrofoam wreath
--The rest are optional

Here are a few pictures of the supplies to hopefully clarify.







I started out my project by wrapping the whole wreath with a wide, see-through ribbon just to cover the whole wreath to make it easier for wrapping individual colored ribbon strips.




Here is it completely wrapped.





Then I cut several pieces of each color/type of ribbon and started combining the ribbons to make stripes. To secure, I pinned them each in the back of my wreath. I continued all the way around until it was completely wrapped.

Completely wrapped and with a bow added at the top for hanging.


Then I thought it needed a little extra so I rigged up a bow and pinned it on. Then I cut the letters "JOY" with my cricut out of cardstock. To get them to lay flat on the wreath I glued them to two ribbons directly across the back.

Here is the finished product!





Isn't it just too cute? I love it!

Here is the original idea that I used. Click here to see their wreath version

From this project I learned a valuable lesson and honestly I should have known better.

Best not to leave your project unguarded with a puppy around to investigate. Here is what I came back upstairs to find.... (notice the completely chewed and ripped apart ribbon carton)


A picture with the culprit included....


He was wearing this shirt during "the incident". I think we know which one...

3 comments:

  1. Your wreath turned out cute! And a pretty basic craft that if sick of in a few years you can just throw out and not worry about the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Pretty easy and I figure if I get tired of it I can strip it and cover it with some new colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is even a better idea!

    ReplyDelete