Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Very Special Announcement. :)

This (on mulitiple levels) is what I have been waiting for. The chance to make a very special announcement.

We are expecting our first child!! So exciting to be pregnant although I can imagine it gets more exciting as the nauseousness passes and as my body hopefully adjusts to being pregnant since I feel exhausted constantly. Either way, I feel very fortunate and excited!

Here are some things I have realized about myself since becoming pregnant...

  • I can be a left-side sleeper (through a week of night sleep training) 
  • My belly has always shown food immediately upon digestion and now apparently a baby too. 
  • It is possible to look cute and buy cute clothes when pregnant.
  • It is completely possible to develop a food obsession (eggs) in which you devour them constantly and then the next day you are repulsed by the thought of them.
  • My pregnancy irony is that I am so hungry all the time but really disgusted by the thought of most solid foods. 
  • For the first time in my life....I am not crazy about candy and/or pop. It feels so unlike myself. Kind of odd. Oh yeah and I can't always sleep. Also not like me.
  • I can push myself to go about my daily life while feeling icky. Go me!
  • I have an unbelievable husband: This was that topic I touched on a few weeks ago but said I would talk more about of course when I could explain why. When I was obsessed with eggs, he would get up at 3/4 AM to make them for me to eat because I was too hungry to sleep. He also had to put up most of the Christmas decorations this year which believe me is dedication when I put up four giant trees with decorations and several mini trees. Most of them up on top of my kitchen cupboards complete with the lighted garland on top of them. He has been a trooper so far with meeting my crazy and annoying demands that aren't completely up to me (in my defense) :) 
  • I have learned that so many people could not have been more excited to find out we are pregnant. Apparently being together for 11 years without making a baby makes people just think it wasn't going to happen haha. The best things come to those who wait.
  • Also, its fun to check out my tummy constantly in the mirror just to see if it has gotten any bigger. As a girl, this is a rare opportunity to celebrate :) I am enjoying it so much and love having a photographer husband. 
Speaking of a photographer husband:

Here are some pictures from our photoshoot tonight that we quick took to make our "facebook" announcement. We thought we had another night to make the announcement but it seems as though our Christmas cards were received faster than expected ;)

Here are some shots that we took: (All images property of www.mJoyPhotography.com)


Belly Shot (12 Weeks)

Non-Fur Family Member Shot

Mac wanted to be held...

An attempt at a full family shot. Wish we would have had this for our Christmas cards. HAHA Doesn't help that the cat and dog don't really like to be up close and personal with eachother. 

Anyways it feels so much better to have the news out. Hopefully that explains some of my behaviors for those of you around me who didn't know.
Yes, my belly is growing rapidly because there is a baby inside.
Yes, I am hungry all the time and it is necessary for me to shove little snacks in constantly.
Yes, I really do have to pee that often during the day. I am not escaping my classroom of kids just to get away. (Well maybe sometimes haha but I do also go to the bathroom during that break)
I look forward to sharing this crazy, yet exciting journey with you as I go along.
12 weeks today. Only 28 more to go ;)

3 comments:

  1. You are too cute! I can only tell you from my experience that two things only got more intense for me: I wanted to ALWAYS sleep, I was sooo tired all of the time until about 7-8 months!! And the peeing that you think you are doing now is NOTHING compared to when an 8lb adorable baby is inside that cute tummy! I couldn't get through a night of sleep without getting up ATLEAST twice, sometimes three times, you can look forward to that in the 3rd trimester! I am soo excited for you guys! I can finally say that I can offer advice on this topic and can answer ANY questions you have...just let me know!! I look forward to watching your family grow!
    from: Jen Nguyen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. Thanks for the sweet comments ladies. For some reason I didn't get notified of these comments. Silly blog. Thanks for the comments and keep posted! :)

    ReplyDelete