Thursday, December 30, 2010

Feeling the Love :)

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas holiday and found themselves surrounded by love and happiness! I know my husband and I did! It was a busy rush to complete our holiday tasks, in which some -making sugar cookies- were never accomplished. However, the important-everybody will know if you didn't do it-tasks were finished just in time!
Last years Christmas, due to the weather, consisted of Mitch and I sitting home alone with the pets because no one could travel. Now don't get me wrong. I love my husband and his company but after so many years of Christmas with family, it just wasn't right. This year was how it was supposed to be. Christmas Eve with the in-laws and Christmas day with my family at the farm. We were especially excited to see everybody since it was our first time to see everybody since sharing the news. It was verified that our baby is so loved already with the gifts we received. It was pretty exciting and as my husband put it "Wow, its getting kind of real" as we were holding a baby pajama set. Kind of nuts yet so exciting!
We ended up having a long holiday stay at my parents because Mitch got sick for several days. We pushed through him feeling icky to drive back home because of a huge rumored storm coming this way. Fast forward a day..............
Yep its here and in full force!! Absolutely blizzard like and impossible to travel. Glad we got our Christmas in and even better we hadn't made any New Years plans because they would be cancelled. Just looking forward to bringing my husband back to good health so that I can have my helper back. Its hard taking it easy when you are the only one who can walk around.
So back to baby: As if baby didn't get enough goods for Christmas, I went to Kohls for another baby purchase. I have been very good at limiting any baby purchases but this one had to be done! For the nursery I am planning on doing an Eric Carle Very Hungry Caterpillar theme and Kohls has some of the books and animals for sale this month. It could not have been more perfect. Here is a picture of my theme collected baby goods.


Also included in the picture is the book and a puzzle. Might try to put together a crafty type project with the puzzle. Not exactly sure of the plans....

Until I figure out another project and / or it stops sounding like a blizzard outside I am going to take the advice of my kitty Jade....






Everything feels better with a nap, right? :)

3 comments:

  1. you could put the puzzle together and frame it... I have done this and it's pretty fun. I even left out some of the puzzle pieces off from the edges just to give it a little bit of a different look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea. I have a few ideas as to what I could do just not sure if I want to glue it forever. We'll see. Probably won't try to tackle it for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine isn't glued, it's in a frame with a backing of foam core and it stays put.

    ReplyDelete