Thursday, December 9, 2010

My husband is the best!!

No neglect meant. But after my hubby read my ABC blog list, he felt a little left out. I said that I didn't have a letter for him but included him in on the family/relatives subject. He is a little more special though to be clumped into the big category and really he has been a super hubby for the past few weeks. More about that in a later post :) Anyways, because he rocks and I maybe hadn't mentioned it enough I thought of some awesome things we do as a couple.

The first thing we started a few years ago was buy these little mailboxes that we keep on our bedside table everyday. I found them at Target in the dollar aisle when they had out all of the Valentines Day items. Whenever we feel like sharing a special gift or writing each other an extra special note, we simply place it in the mailbox and put the flag up to know there is something in it. Always brings a smile to my face to read some kind words written by the love of my life.




The next extra special activity we do is just during the month of December and really my husband does all the work. We have an advent calendar in which, he places special gifts and/or coupons in for me.

Here is a picture of the calendar how it sits now....I have collected all through the 9th. Check out that awesome Hello Kitty ring I got on the 8th :) 


Here is a close-up of one of the coupons. Read it. Thats love right? Those of you who have hubbies who play video games know its love for him to give up a whole day of black ops (my choice which day) Big time coupon!!


Hopefully this post didn't make you too nauseated. Feel free to pass this link along to the man in your life to get some ideas :)
But let's face it. My husband is pretty awesome. I am VERY lucky and my husband and I pretty much rock ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love your mailbox idea, i think I need to do something like this! And I think i am going to pass this onto my other married friends! And your husband is pretty sweet for putting together an advent calendar. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love when ideas are worthy enough to be passed on. Lucky me for more than one reason :)

    ReplyDelete