Friday, December 3, 2010

I heart Mascots.

Fact or Fiction: I was a mascot in high school because I didn't make the cheerleading squad. Fact :(

Here's what I have to say about it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger......

Yep, that's right. It didn't kill me (physically anyways) to be this scrawny girl in a giant Tiger costume. However, I did endure emotional damage, not to mention physical damage with kids cornering me in the stairs to pull on my tail and hit my head. A lot. Which is why I quit a few weeks later after hiding in the locker rooms.
p.s. Sorry Kool-Aid man for pulling the same stunts on you before I knew better when I was very little.

Pause. A moment of silence for the moment in which my pride died.



Which brings me to my blog topic. Roundabout I know. Bear with me.

So scouting youtube for a video to post tonight made me realize one thing. I love mascots. I should have picked up on this before considering just looking at this computer alone, there are several photos of myself with random mascots. And now that I think about it, I have been stopped dead in my tracks to admire two different animal mascots in the past two weeks. A lion in the winter parade and a moose at the hockey game last night. What is it about mascots that makes them so irresisistible?I just don't think about what possibly could be inside of the costume. I would rather cuddle up with them for the photo opportunity :)

Since I am admitting my addiction, I will share the pictures that document it.




I just realized my facebook profile picture includes myself with two mascots. HAHA. I confess. I am a nut.

Finally, the very random youtube video that I came across tonight. I repeat. Its random and in fact in a different language so I dont even know if its appropriate. But I LOVE IT! How could you go wrong with Crazy Chubby Bunny as the video title???



Another p.s. Another reason why the video caught my attention. Have you ever heard of the Chubby Bunny game? The title of the video also reminded me of the Chubby Bunny game that I had to play at my wedding shower. I had to answer trivia questions about my husband and when I got any questions wrong, I was forced to shove a big marshmallow into my mouth and continue to play the game. Each question wrong would add another marshmallow into your mouth. It was a gagging mess by the end but good times. Feel free to use the game idea to torture any future brides to be at their showers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment