Saturday, March 12, 2011

BIG NEWS!!

Whew! Not sure this momma can handle anymore excitement after the past week we have had! Wednesday we had our ultrasound, which was the first time we really had a chance to see pictures of our baby. Soo exciting and AMAZING! We saw cute little feet and hands and of course Mini Bee was very active. I could feel Mini Bee kicking the whole time and we even have videos of baby moving around. I could have watched the whole day. Lucky for us, we did get to watch for 45 minutes! The best news ever was that our baby checked out very healthy! :)

Here is a picture of our ultrasound:



So cute right? Apparently very flexible too! Baby's arms were going crazy the whole time, moving all around...

We shared with the ultrasound tech that we did want to find out the gender but were going to celebrate together over the gender by having a baker color the inside of a cake whatever gender the card said. So she didn't tell us or show us any ultrasound pictures that would disclose the gender. Instead she secretly wrote the gender inside of our cards and sealed them. After the ultrasound we left with those cards that said the gender inside and a cd with pictures/videos of our precious baby. I could have busted with the excitement. Suddenly I felt so close to this baby inside of me when I could see the miracle that had grown inside.

FAST FORWARD............

Next night we go pick up our cake that was designed so cute. We had a hard time finding a baker that would bake a fresh cake for the next day but we lucked out with Quality Bakery. They offered to come in special and whip up this cake that told us such an important part of our future. I couldn't even hold myself together while we were picking up this cake. I realized how significant this little bundle of cake was!

The cake...


Mitch and I ate our supper super fast!! Then we shut our eyes and cut out a sliver together to open our eyes and find.....


BRIGHT BLUE CAKE!!!! 

So emotional to find out what we could expect in a few months!

Finding out what we were having suddenly I felt so close to what I am caring for and also I was able to weed out a few names. It was weird, but some of the names we had picked out suddenly didn't seem to fit the baby I am carrying. I love laying in bed and feeling our baby kicking and knowing that my baby boy is getting stronger!!!

This post is jam-packed with lots of information but seriously, it has been a crazy busy and amazing week!!    BELLY SHOT UPDATE :)


Hope this post makes you just as excited as we are!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Your post today is so touching and it made me laugh with joy too to see the blue cake inside! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Thanks so much for following and sharing in our joy! I felt like this blog is pretty emotion packed but didn't know if it was more just because its our baby and I am pregnant. HAHA Glad to see that it is touching to more than just us! Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the coolest idea on how to find out. I'm so excited for you guys...Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend gave us the idea for finding out which made me actually want to find out. Made it so much more personal and exciting rather than just the casual mention of what gender it is. I totally recommend it and may do it for our second one :) Thanks again Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! So fun to see the cake!! I cannot wait to meet the little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea and so excited that it helped with your decision of whether to find out or not. If i have another one i might just do this and have a party at the same time.
    Congrats on your baby boy!

    ReplyDelete