Sunday, March 20, 2011

Whew!

What a weekend! This girl was lucky enough to have her mom visit this weekend. We were sewing up a storm -- whipping our spare "dropping grounds" bedroom into a baby nursery.



First big move: My parents bought us a crib and dresser. Very beautiful and I love it! Thanks Mom and Dad. We are pretty lucky to have parents who help us out :)

Then, the spare furniture was moved out of the room to clear it for crib building. I of course, supervised since I shouldn't lift anything which was hard.

Mitch surprised us with building the crib while my mom and I were out picking up a few fabric things. Yay! Good job daddy :)

My mom and I went to work and made a bunch of cute burp cloths, a blanket, and all the crib bedding (minus the quilt). It turned out super cute and even better that its all personalized since we designed it. Made with lots of love! Pretty lucky to have a talented mom :)

Flannel Blanket:

Burp Cloths:

Our Nursery Theme: The Very Hungry Caterpillar (a childrens book by Eric Carle)
Here are the fabrics that we used:






Sorry for the picture tease but I want to do a big nursery reveal when its all complete. A few more pieces will need to be made and we need to hunt for some different fabric pieces. 

P.S. Reality is slowly settling in more as we walk out of our bedroom and see a (very cute) baby crib! Crazy to think a baby will be in there a few months ahead. And what? March is almost at the end already? Nuts!

Our little boy is already pretty lucky to be surrounded by so many people who love him. He already is so anticipated and is it fun to slowly have things being bought/made for him!

We appreciate it all :)
Thanks mom for doing so much work this weekend! I love it all and it is so special! Mini Bee will love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment