Saturday, January 1, 2011

Holiday cards.

Ok. So after 3 solid days stuck in the house, I am starting to get stir crazy. You would think that being stuck in your house would provide you with a great opportunity to tackle projects and/or complete laundry, clean, etc.
That would be great if that had all been accomplished right? Well that hasn't exactly happened. Instead I have hung out watching tv and taking naps. I can blame part of this on my sinuses which are battling something not so pleasant but I am also going to say I just want to relax.
Kind of worried about getting back into the work schedule though with having four days back in the classroom right starting Monday. That will be a quick refresher. :)
I had planned on creating a ribbon display for all of our Christmas cards that we received but that was one of those didn't have time to complete projects as I realized suddenly Christmas was 2 days away. Maybe next year. Instead I simply taped them (using painters tape) to our pantry door. Look at the love!!


Receiving cards in the mail is even better with your husband being a photographer. Over half of the pictures used on the cards were all taken by my husband!! It's always fun to see how families and friends use the pictures we take and also to see which pictures were their favorites from the photo shoot.

I then realized I never posted a picture of our Christmas card. Now these always take a lot of time to make but this year took even longer because it was how we shared the big expecting news with our parents. We gave these to our parents shortly after Thanksgiving when we realized we couldn't hide the secret from them with being so close to them.

Kind of hard to see with it being a picture of a picture and still somewhat small. In the lower left hand corner there is a stick people family which says "coming soon" with the little baby pictured after the pets. Then in the green square it says from Mitch, Melissa, Jade, Mac & ___?____ . Kind of a fun way to spread the exciting news.

Hope you all had a happy and safe New Year.

Here's to busting out of the house tomorrow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment