Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Own Love Story.

I am inspired to talk about how my husband and I's relationship came into place in light of the video he composed and posted to his facebook page (will be posted at the end).

So my husband and I really are the perfect couple for each other. Not in that obnoxious, make you nauseous, make sure the whole world sees type. We truly are eachothers best friend and could not possibly spend enough time with eachother. Whenever you see us, we are more than likely together.

Our story is a unique one that was starting to be written a long time ago.... 

Let's start at the beginning:

Mitch and I first met on the Internet a long time ago (back when the Internet wasn't such a creepy place). I was searching through Yahoo people users for a person who moved away from my school and somehow came across Mitch's screen name which was something about lovehurts. So cheesy and dumb I know but I was young and thought I could save this random guy who apparently wasn't having much luck with love. He was the only guy I added to my yahoo messenger and I didn't even try to talk to him for several months after this. (His claim is that he would try to talk to me and I would blow him off) HAHA. At some point we started to talk and spent hours on the Internet chatting about all the things we had in common. Then at some point it led to phone conversations. We spent soo much time talking and there were several expensive phone bills that I had to choke up and pay for but I thought he was worth it!
Fast forward several months of talking..... Mitch offers to come visit me. My friends and I meet up with him and his friend in my hometown and we hang out together. I am head over heels! We continue to talk lots and he then starts to visit me at my house during school breaks. Thank you mom and dad for letting him visit and hopefully you knew this was something special even though we were so young. You helped make our relationship possible. We officially start dating April 17, 1999. I was 15 and he was 16. We knew we cared for eachother so much but had no idea what our relationship would evolve into.
He graduated and went to college for a year in my hometown while I finished high school. We then both transferred to the FM area for college.
We dated several years and then my junior year we moved in together. This basically allowed us to share bills while saving money on separate places since we were always together anyways.
My 21st birthday was an important point in our relationship. I didn't have the typical 21st birthday. It is not who I am or what we like to do. I was more interested in something personal and special. We went on a picnic with a couple close family members. At the end of our picnic we went for a walk. My sister wanted Mitch and I to pose in front of the lake with the sunset (which was super funny considering she had no idea about Mitch's plan) As my sister was getting ready to take a picture, Mitch proposed!! It was absolutely amazing and I felt as though the world stopped. I of course said yes! Because my sister was ready to take our picture, we have pictures to document our engagement. For that, I am forever grateful! Thank you Amy!

(Sorry for the poor picture quality: I just used a point and shoot to take a picture of the frame)

Our engagement lasted longer than we intended because we were having a hard time picking a good time for both of our families to escape for our destination wedding. We also were having problems making wedding plans because hurricanes kept destroying every place I picked for a location. It was a really active year with the weather but with the help of an awesome coordinator/pastor down in Mexico we were able to pull together an amazing wedding that meant so much to us! (Thanks Petra)

Here is the video that I was mentioning earlier that my husband put together today. It is a compilation of pictures and video documenting our wedding day in Playa del Carmen, Mexico on April 7, 2006.




A wedding day is such an important day and I am glad we have so much to help us remember our special day. It is always fun to look back at that point in our relationship.

We look forward to this next journey of our relationship in which we expand our little family and share our love for each other with our baby. Just another wonderful addition to our love story....

No comments:

Post a Comment