Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Tree (Stacked Terra-Cotta Pots).

Well another project crossed off my long "hope to-do" list. This one turned out pretty great!

My mom explained to me the original project idea and I searched online to find an example of it. I found the example here House of Hepworths .

I did mine a little differently than hers, adapting it more to my style.

Here are the supplies that are needed for the project:
* 3″ pot
* TWO 4″ pots (one for trunk, other for middle part of tree)
* 6″ pot
* 6″ saucer
* A glue gun
* I used acrylic paints since our weather doesn't allow for much outside spray painting (Acrylics in green and brown)
* A bag of multi-size and colored sequins
*Found my star in the cheap ornament section at Wal-mart for $1.00



After painting, I assembled into a stack with the saucer upside down at the base of the tree (on top of the trunk)

Then I hot glued sequins on. I didn't glue any of the parts together since I would like to take it apart and store it in a stack to conserve space in my Christmas decoration storage. I would suggest gluing it together if you have kids or put it in a place where it might get bumped.

Here is the final result!


-mJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment