Monday, April 11, 2011

The Joys of Being Pregnant.

This weekend we had several Fargo Force events to attend and we saw lots of people. With attending all the Force games and of course Mitch being the photographer, lots of people have gotten to know us. It's always fun to go to the games to see familiar faces. With being pregnant it seems to be a time when people check in on me and see how I am doing. One common topic came up this weekend amongst several people I talked to. Being pregnant is such a fun time and that I should really enjoy it because more than likely I will miss it.

This brings me onto my blog topic. I figured I should write about this to help point out all the things I love about my current state. (And no people, don't just get pregnant because I make it sound glamorous. There are lots of things that aren't so glamorous but not something to discuss right now)


  • Everyone seems concerned about how you are feeling and doing no matter how long it has been since they last saw you.
  • Being pregnant always gives you a topic to talk about and to connect with strangers about.
  • I have been receiving lots of compliments lately about how great I look and how cute my belly is. Compliments are always great to receive but especially great when my body is changing so fast.
  • Baby gifts! Need I say more...
  • I have been given lots of things to research at night on the Internet now with baby products. I no longer find myself searching for something to do on the Internet.
  • I have reasons to shop. I really DO need a new wardrobe and its not a stretch of the truth like it would be before. Plus, I actually have a reason to buy those cute tiny baby outfits!
  • Naps are ok and encouraged. YESSSSS! I love this part especially. 
  • Cravings are perfectly normal and if I want to eat three giant oranges in a row, its ok! And being hungry every two hours perfectly acceptable. Nothing really comes across as odd when you are pregnant.
  • Baby Showers/Parties to celebrate you and your belly.
  • People have empathy for you and offering to help you.
  • Having a belly is for once a cute thing. Awesome.
  • I have developed a crazy sense of humor and a bigger laugh than I have ever had. This laugh too can get out of hand easily and usually at odd times. Makes my husbands life a little more interesting. 
  • My husband has fallen in love with me all over again and has fallen in love with my belly. He has also taken such a fascination in what is going on with me and shows a new side of support that was never needed before.
  • I have learned where the bathroom is in every location we visit.
  • I have a new incentive and a pretty powerful one to eat healthier and drink lots of water.
  • Healthy, glowing skin in the middle of winter? Yes please!
  • Pregnancy brings about a build up of giant anticipation with so many unknowns. You can always prepare for anything in life but ultimately what is going to happen isnt in our hands. This is one of times this truly can happen.
  • I seem to have lots of topics for blog writing. I wasn't pregnant before I started my blog so I wrote about different topics. My pregnancy has generated a lot of curiousity on my blog, especially with the belly bump pictures. It has been awesome to hear of people reading my blog who I didn't particularly think would take an interest in it. It has been a great way to keep people in the loop with what is going on along the whole way. Plus, it has created anticipation amongst my readers and spread further than I thought would happen. Just this weekend someone came up to me at a game and said that she really needed to tell me how much she loved my blog and my belly bump pictures. I am not exactly sure who she is but I love that I am reaching out to others. Plus, it is pretty awesome to have lots of people celebrating our Mini Bee!
P.S. You secret blog readers and anybody else too, show me some love and leave comments. I like to know you are there :)

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE DOING GR8!!!
    YOU AND MITCH WILL BE WONDERFUL PARENTS.
    IT IS SO GENEROUS OF YOU BOTH TO SHARE
    THINGS WITH ALL OF US.

    I AM SO GLAD THAT I HAVE HAD THE CHANCE
    TO KNOW YOU BOTH!!

    HOCKEY BRINGS A LOT OF PEOPLE TOGETHER.

    C U 2 ON FRIDAY,SATURDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing you and Mitch this weekend! I hope you got lots of freebies and parenting tips... Haha... :) I always enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete