Sunday, June 12, 2011

34 Weeks + Baby Bump Pic.

I missed the update from last week so I will combine the information from weeks 33/34.

I am officially 8 months pregnant as of last week! Can you believe it?!?! Mini Bee will soon be here.
Tomorrow I will be 34 weeks and for weeks 33-36 baby will be the size of a CANTALOUPE!
Baby Development:
Baby's senses are continuing to develop and when light shines through my stretched and thinned out belly, mini bee's eyelids and irises blink and dilate. He can even react and recognize simple songs that he hears.

Dr. Checkup:
Last week I went to the doctor for a checkup. Everything still checked out well. I have another checkup at 35 weeks and then start them every week until Mini Bee arrives! So crazy we are finally getting to that point. It seemed like it would never come.

Cravings:
I still like ice water but lately the sweet tooth has been hitting me in overdrive!!

Mommy Symptoms:
Still experiencing swelling in my legs/toes and now my fingers too when I am up and moving for long hours especially out in that nice warm summer sun.
Having a hard time sleeping. It seems like my belly is at an awkward stage again. Its too big to shove a pillow under and yet it is too big to support itself while laying on my side. Lots of naps are being taken.

Big Accomplishments:
I have taken lots of naps and made lots of goodies HAHA. We finished our class on breastfeeding and Lamaze. We know feel more prepared to take on a new baby in our household and know more about what is headed our way, especially in the hours of labor. It was very reassuring to visit with the nurses and tour the hospital floor that we will be delivering on soon!
I also have managed to put together a short to-do list in preparation for delivery:
  • Wash baby's laundry
  • Pack our hospital bags
  • Put together a playlist for the nursery
  • Make a labor playlist
  • Clean out the cup cupboard to make room for bottles
  • Write up our birth plan
  • Clean the Garage
  • Put up gates
  • Finalize baby's middle name--we have a few finalists.
The planner in me has been wanting to pack our hospital bags for a while but most things that I need to pack are things I will wear over the next few weeks. Will see how long I can put it off....

What i am Excited For:
Mini Bee's arrival... I swear the first several months are just to get you to start thinking about a baby and all the goods you need and life adjustments you need to make. The last 1 -2 are when you start to get really excited! Only now am I starting to actually envision a REAL baby in OUR house! Somedays I just pace around looking for projects trying to stall myself in anticipation for this baby. It might be a long few weeks!
Along with his arrival, I look forward to the first moment Mitch and I get to meet him. That first glance is surely something that I will never forget!
I think mentally I am getting more ready though because I have had several dreams either being pregnant and/or with our new baby. These are changes that have taken place only recently. Most nights I wouldn't dream of being pregnant and would forget until I would try to roll over to get out of bed in the morning... That surely reminded me that I am indeed pregnant. :)

And while I am still officially 33 weeks pregnant for a half an hour more.... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment