Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What to Pack.

I decided to compile several suggested packing lists I have found to share with other expecting mommies looking for the same list. Keep in mind, I like to be prepared for anything otherwise I stress out about forgetting/needing something. Being in labor is the minute in my life where I want an extra stressor. So somebody a little more minimal could cross off a few things possibly.

What to pack for Mommy:
  • Robe
  • Slippers/Socks
  • Pajamas
  • Nursing Bra/Tank
  • Nursing Pads
  • Nursing Cream
  • Boppy Pillow
  • Pads
  • Purse w/ insurance info, phone, & charger
  • Comfy Pants
  • Going Home Outfit
  • Pillow
  • Underwear
  • Snacks
  • Birth Plan
  • Toiletries (hair care, toothpaste/brush, contacts, solution, glasses, hair dryer, makeup, soap, shampoo/cond, comb, prescriptions)
Our Lamaze Instructor also mentioned some "Princess Box" Items that aren't necessary but make labor a little more pleasant. These items include:
  • Ponytail Holders
  • Squeezy Ball
  • Cards
  • Chapstick
  • Hard Candy--sugarfree
  • Focus point (book with pics, stuffed animal, etc)
  • Massage Lotion / Oil
  • Small Fan
  • Massage Tools
  • Ipod with Dock
  • Vending Money
What to Pack: Hubby (A tech-saavy one in my case)
  • Clothes
  • Snacks / Drinks
  • Computer
  • Ipad / Charger
  • Phone / Charger
  • Camera / Charger / Memory Stick
  • Video Camera (for after delivery haha)
  • Toiletries
  • Pillow / Blanket
What to Pack: Baby
  • 1st Picture Outfit
  • Socks
  • Mittens
  • Wipes
  • Diaper Bag
  • Hats
  • Blankets (min of 3)
  • Going home outfit
  • Carseat
  • Baby book
  • Boppy Pillow
Maybe I will pack our bags tomorrow :)

4 comments:

  1. I would say DEFINITELY bring chapstick. I used mine all the time at the hospital. And I don't know about your hospital but mine gave me pads and stuff and extra ones to take home so I didn't need to waste space packing those, same with diapers and wipes. I would check on that so you don't pack too much! It gets overwhelming leaving the hospital with so much stuff and your baby :) They also gave us baby hats at the hospital. My biggest advice is don't overpack because it is really a lot when it comes time to go home, especially if you have visitors bringing you gifts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that what the guy is for? Carrying the luggage? HAHA. I will check with my doctor next appt and see if they give me some of the stuff. Good advice. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yea they are! But if your hubby is anything like my bf he will be even more nervous than you :) They really do give you a lot at the hospital which is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or you could be like me, early labor, not packed, husband goes home after baby arrives, packs, not much to tote home from the hospital!!! Get that bag packed!!

    ReplyDelete