Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baby Shower 2.

This post is long overdue. I will share my second baby shower that I had on May 5th. It was with all the wonderful ladies I teach with during the school year.
A picture of the gang:

The shower was thrown by my co-teacher in my classroom and it was fun to see all the wonderful little details she put into the shower. She went off the "mini bee" theme so everything was black and yellow and with bees on it.
Here we are together:
Here is a picture of me as the guest of honor aka Queen Mama to Bee--Isn't that sash so cute? Just one of the many little touches that made the day very special.
We played two games at the shower. The first one the guests each got to write down their baby name guesses for Mini Bee. I then picked the name that I liked the best. Thankfully no one wrote the actual name we have picked out. I was worried how I would cover up that awkwardness.
Second game involved them guessing how much ribbon would be enough to wrap around my baby belly. There were two that were close, the rest chose WAY too much ribbon.


The yummy cake!
 It was a really fun shower and a good chance to celebrate with the other teachers who I work with. We all see each other at work amongst the stress of the job. It is good to get a chance to mingle with each other outside of work so that you can talk about anything other than work. It was a good way to end the school year :)
Thank you Julie :) and of course to the other shower guests!

1 comment:

  1. Adored this baby shower a lot!! I too had a nice time watching these photos. I just can’t wait to see my cousin’s Disney themed baby shower that my sister has been planning at the moment. This bash would be hosted at the rental outdoor event space in LA. I'm sure our cousin will remember the bash forever.

    ReplyDelete