Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ribfest. Jackpot.

Today was the most amazing weathered day. The type of day with the warm summer sun and a light breeze to keep you cool. The smell of sunscreen reminded me of when we are on the beaches in Mexico.
Ahhhh..... So this is what we have been waiting how many months for? So glad that Summer is here and starting to show up more then once a week.
To enjoy the weather we headed out to Ribfest. Ribfest is where several vendors who have perfected their own type of ribs and pulled pork set up to sell their sandwiches and ribs. No worries, there are also lots of fair type foods available. It is a pregnant woman's heaven really. I used to be not very adventurous with my eating but since becoming pregnant and going past the nauseau stage of course, I feel more like eating things I typically would push away. We went to the Porky n Beans stand from Florida and ordered a pulled pork sandwich, beans, potato salad and corn bread. It was delicious! Of course I had to get an order of Cheese Curds too before leaving. Those are a must at any fair type festival for me.
Besides the food, there was another type of jackpot I found..... (the pictures tell it all)




And my favorite mascot there....

1 comment: