Tuesday, June 28, 2011

36 Weeks.

36 Weeks!!

Baby Development:
Baby's skin is getting smooth and soft, gums are rigid, his liver and kidneys are in working order, and his circulation and immune system are basically good to go. His lungs are the only organs that still need to full mature but everyday he gets a little closer to breathing on his own.

Dr. Checkup:

Today was the first of my weekly checkups. I found out some encouraging news. I am currently 3 cm dialated and my cervix is 70% effaced. I could stay in this state for awhile or I could go into labor soon. The doctor seemed very surprised that I was already so far and I was relieved to hear that progress is being made. Even better that I am dialating without too much pain. I figure less to dialate when the contractions actually begin! Mentally I am preparing for becoming a mommy possibly very soon with results like this! Also, doctor mentioned I am at a safe point to go into labor and that they would not stop me. Good to know :)

Cravings:
None too many. I just seem to be enjoying food overall. Never has it tasted so good in my life and I feel like I need to eat a lot to begin to feel full. I think Mini Bee is growing like crazy and trying to steal all my food :)


Mommy Symptoms:
Still occasional swelling which I feel is pretty old news by now. Sleeping is becoming a hard thing to manage at night. Naps are key to helping me function! I also have been experiencing back labor pains. Not real enjoyable and make me worried for how I am going to handle real labor pains since honestly some of these seem really unpleasant.

Big Accomplishments:
Let's check out the to-do list to see what progress has been made.



Here is an update on the to-do list we made:

  • Wash baby's laundry--this will need to happen soon
  • Pack our hospital bags--Pretty much packed minus bathroom stuff
  • Put together a playlist for the nursery--not yet but did buy a projector with soothing baby sounds that could be used for a while.
  • Make a labor playlist--Well I always have playlists on the ipod but none specific for labor yet.
  • Clean out the cup cupboard to make room for bottles--Nope
  • Finish baby book up to birth part (new addition)--Yep!
  • Write up our birth plan--Yep!
  • Clean the Garage--YES!!! And it's amazing to walk into.
  • Put up gates--No but these are more for the dog for now.
  • Finalize baby's middle name--we have a few finalists. This may have been determined!
  • Take a babymoon-Yep!
What i am Excited For:
I mentioned to the doctor that I have been having a hard time sleeping and she mentioned that I could try a Tylenol PM so honestly that is what I am excited for at the moment because I am so tired and sleep sounds amazing :)

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, you sound really ready! I am so glad that bag is packed!!! Sounds like you are moving along and it won't be long now:) Hopefully you are sound asleep with a little help from Tylenol PM. Counting the days, getting excited!

    ReplyDelete