Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Nursery.

Highly anticipated, right? I feel like I am letting a big secret out of the box....
I have strung you along long enough and finally everything in the nursery is complete! Boy does it feel good.
All of the decor in the nursery is based off the book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle. Being a preschool teacher, I have loved this book for a while but even more than the story and the important concepts it teaches, I love the colors! They are so vibrant!
I could not be more pleased with the way the nursery turned out and before the big reveal I must say thank you to my mom. Without her, the room would be pretty empty and lacking color. She completed all the sewing projects and helped me to wrap the canvases.

I think Mini Bee may already be the luckiest boy! :)


All of the wall art is fabric wrapped on blank canvases, except the caterpillar above the rocking chair. Mini Bee's daddy very carefully cut apart lots of paint samples to make the special art piece for the nursery. (So touching!)
 Above the crib is blank because we will hang Mini Bee's name above the crib. I am so proud of the letters. Wish I could share them because I mod podged bright colored fabric on the letters to spell out his name. I will have to share it after he is born :) 
Also, in the crib are stickers for the wall. Oops. They aren't put up yet.

 Curtains my mom made. They have the caterpillars food running down the middle.
 Hard to see but on top of the book shelf on the left, there is a white frame next to the diaper cake. Inside that frame there is Mini Bee's ultrasound and under the picture it says "My First Picture". Fitting right, for a photographer's son!

Can't wait to bring home Mini Bee to his nursery!
Thank you Mom! Love you!

6 comments:

  1. wow! You put so much work in into everything... it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU ALL DID A WONDERFUL JOB,VERY BRIGHT AND COLORFUL!!!!!!!!!
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be missing a caterpillar blankie. Wonder when you get to see it. I think I'll keep the design a secret. It turned out beautiful. At least the girls at quilt club think so.

    ReplyDelete