Tuesday, June 21, 2011

35 Weeks.

Time for the 35 Week Update:

Baby Development:
He is continuing to gain weight (as my bladder feels) and continues to respond to sound since his hearing is developed. It says that they respond best to higher pitches--thinking he is going to become buddies with our dog Mac since he has the highest pitch bark ever. He is probably pretty familiar by now. HAHA.

Dr. Checkup:
Had my 35 week check-up today and doctors were concerned with my weight gain from two weeks ago. Then they looked at my ankles and figured out what is going on. I am retaining water in my joints, but especially in my feet making me feel very uncomfortable these days.  Only five more weeks right??
The doctor was also trying to feel if Mini Bee is still head down. She had a hard time determining his position but after paying attention to his hiccups I think his head seems to be down. (Fingers crossed)
My tummy also is measuring right on track now. Guess that may have been why it was hurting lately. It was stretching out! 

Cravings:

I did discover a wonderful treat at Sonic this past weekend--Strawberry (real fruit) Slushees. Very good however without it here, there isn't even a possibilty that it could become a craving. :( I kind have been on the fruit kick again eating lots of strawberries and watermelon. The sweet tooth has mostly left me.


Mommy Symptoms:
NEED I SAY MORE? :)

Swelling and over all just feeling uncomfortable. My joints are swollen and tight feeling. I also asked the doctor about some symptoms I was experiencing with my wrist and evidentally I have carpal tunnel--pregnancy related. Its funny how all these odd things kick in with being pregnant and will magically disappear as soon as baby comes. At least this is what I am told. Still having problems getting comfortable at night to sleep but managing to get some rest still. So grateful that I have the Summer off because I can't even imagine trying to work all day on my feet. 

Big Accomplishments:
The baby registry purchasing is pretty much complete. I think we have bought all of the baby essentials. Should have enough diapers to get us through the first few weeks (hopefully). Now if only I could buy hours of sleep for that first month, right? 

Here is an update on the to-do list we made:
  • Wash baby's laundry
  • Pack our hospital bags
  • Put together a playlist for the nursery
  • Make a labor playlist
  • Clean out the cup cupboard to make room for bottles
  • Write up our birth plan
  • Clean the Garage
  • Put up gates
  • Finalize baby's middle name--we have a few finalists. This may have been determined!
  • Take a babymoon (recently added) Yes. More on that to come in a future post!
  •  
  • Ok so not too much accomplished this past week but hopefully we will do more this week. With being close to delivery, I will have a lot more weekend time on my hands to do some jobs. 
What i am Excited For:
  • I am excited to have the nursery finished and all items in place waiting for him!! 
  • MY BIRTHDAY (in less than a week) 
  • As always meeting Mini Bee :)
No baby bump picture yet for this week. Will keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl,
    Get that bag packed you could go early!!!! I hope you are able to really take it easy and get your feet up, that swelling is not fun! On the home stress and you will have that sweet baby boy soon!
    Take care,
    Cindy Rehkamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I meant "home stretch" and I couldn't figure out any other way to post but "Anonymous"!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking the bag will be packed within the next few days. Felt a little nutty packing so early but then you always wonder what would happen if I went into labor. I don't like to be unprepared. I have been taking it pretty easy and trying to put my feet up. Mitch is pretty good at helping me with it. Just seems like time is flying now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, you can never really know what is going to happen. I was not packed when our daughter decided to make her entrance, John ended up going home after she was born to gather my stuff up and it wasn't pretty what he ended up bringing. Needless to say I was packed very early for Joe! Good to hear you are able to take it easy, so nice to not be working now! I don't know how some women are able to work that last month! Thanks for all the updates!

    ReplyDelete